My new obsession is those fancy breakfast bowls we can all admire on instagram. It’s not something new, I’m just late to the party.
Hours and hours “wasted” or “invested” looking at those edible art pieces until finally finding the motivation to make one. This is a savoury version with a creamy and garlic infused polenta dressed with green onions, Italian parsley, a sunny side up egg, grilled shiitake mushrooms & plantains. To complete the look, you top it with an oranges & tahini dressing that has a hint of harissa, soy sauce and honey.
The black sesame seeds are optional but they look pretty sooo… the choice is yours. Enjoy!
- In a sauce pan:
- 100g of polenta grossa
- 15g of butter
- 500g of water
- 3 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 2 green onions, green part only, slices
- ½ plantain sliced length wise
- Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Half moon slices of navel oranges
- Black sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 30g of tahini
- 2g of harissa
- 10g of honey
- 10g of freshly squeeze navel orange juice
- 5g of reduced in salt soy sauce
- - Start by making the polenta by heating up the sauce pan on the stove. Stir often and lower the heat if it starts bubbling too much. Once most of the liquid is absorbed, close heat and cover. Reserve.
- - In another pan (I like my non stick pan for this), add a bit of oil and grill the shiitake heads and the sliced plantains until everyone has nice grilling marks. Remove from pan and reserve. Cut the mushroom heads like if you were making little sticks.
- - Use the same pan to grill an egg sunny side up.