This is another amazing way to use the seitan we’ve created the other day.
Lately, it’s my go to sandwich at either breakfast (I ate one a few minutes ago), lunch or dinner when I don’t feel like breaking my head much and want something that will keep me full for hours. It’s honestly massive and kind of hard to bite through it but, obviously, nothing worth having comes easy in life right? XD
Joke aside, when I get sandwiches this high in restaurants, it makes giggle because there’s no way to look proper while eating this and it becomes a great exercise of “no giving a shit” because nobody looks cute trying open their mouth way too wide to fit an enormous sandwich in it. You clearly don’t have to make it that big but, like they say…. go big or go home!? XD
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe that was published on my Instagram story a few days ago.
- homemade seitan, sliced
- 1 italian zucchinis, sliced
- 1 cremini mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon of reduced salt soy sauce
- fresh baby spinach
- tomatoes, sliced
- french shallots, sliced
- dairy free cheese (optional)
- Sriracha sauce
- Montreal style bagel
- - In a pan, grill the zucchini slices, mushrooms (add a bit of soy sauce to grill the mushrooms) and seitan.
- - Add cheese on top of the seitan to melt it.
- - Cut the bagel in half and grill it in a pan for a minute or two.
- - Spread a bit of sriracha sauce on both sides of the bagel.
- - Add the spinach, grilled zucchini slices, the tomatoes, seitan, mushrooms, seitan again, shallots and top with more zucchini.